1.Why/When should I see a Physio?
There are many circumstances that you should see a Physiotherapist for, some of the most common include:
- If you have any bruising, swelling, stiffness or a deformity
- If you have sustained an injury (at work, in a car accident or playing sport)
- If you’re experiencing muscle or joint aches or pains
- If you have pins and needles or numbness
- If you experience muscle weakness or joints giving way
- If you are returning to work or sport from an injury or surgery
2. What can I expect on my first session?
In your first session, our Physio will take a detailed history of your injury and then based on what you have described, the physio will do an assessment of the injured part as well as other areas of your body that may be contributing to your current condition. With all this information, your physio will diagnose your problem and establish a treatment plan particular to your needs.
3. Do I need my referral from my GP to see a Physio?
No, if you are attending as a Private Patient you do not need a referral. However, If you have NDIS/DVA or are seeking treatment for an injury which is from Workers’ Compensation Claim, after a Motor Vehicle accident, then you do need a GP referral.
4. Is Physiotherapy covered by Medicare?
Yes, physiotherapy can be covered by Medicare but you need a referral from your GP under EPC – Medicare Chronic Disease Management Scheme.
You may be eligible for up to 5 Allied Health which include physiotherapy sessions per calendar year covered by Medicare. However, your GP must decide whether or not your injury is appropriate to be treated under this scheme
5. Do I need to do a scan before I come for physio consultation?
No, it it not necessary to do a scan prior to treatment. Our Physio will ask you a series of questions, and while your examination will advise you as to whether you need any further imaging to assist in your treatment.
6. What should I bring to my Physio consultation?
If you have a referral, any scans (X-rays, MRI’s, ultrasounds etc.) or any important information related to you complaint/injury, bring them and give it to Physio.
Locate inside Gordon
family medical practice
suite2, level2 the Gordon Centre,
802-808 Pacific Highway Gordon
NSW 2072, Ph 02 9498 1499
Locate inside oxford
village medical centre
Shop 18, 63 Oxford St, Darlinghurst
NSW 2010, Ph 02 9194 2010
Locate inside New Health Medical Centre
Shop G05, 1 Monash Road
Gladesville NSW 2111, Ph 02 8055 0000